FreeHandMehndi

"Knowledge comes from learning. Wisdom comes from living." - Anthony Douglas Williams

It gives me great pleasure to introduce an artist that goes by the name of Free Hand Mehndi. Her humble personality contracts to her vast achievements : One of the first Henna Gurus on You Tube with over SIXTEEN THOUSAND subscribers, E book writer and illustrator, fellow blogger, Henna artist extraordinaire and wise beyond words. We are personally grateful for the plethora of knowledge she has generously shared both here and in the online world. 


1. How long have you been a henna artist and what motivated you to start? 


I've been a henna artist going in 12 years. When I was seventeen, a henna design I did on a friend ended up in the local paper. It motivated me to continue creativity in that direction



2. If you had to, how would you describe your Henna/Mehndi style?


My style is floral heavy with influences from India and the Gulf. Sometimes I throw in elements of Morocco.



3. Where do you draw inspiration for your designs from?


I'm inspired by nature, mosaic tile work, Arabic calligraphy and arches of buildings.




4. Do you have any favorite henna artist at the moment?


I've always admired Asha Salva. I'm also a fan of Wardah (hennatrendz).




5. What piece of advice would you give to someone who wants to start or is interested in Henna?


Practice a lot. Find your own groove and learn to mix your own henna paste. Really take the time to explore this art form and enjoy it.




6. Best and worst moment as an artist?


Best moment was my first YouTube video and sharing my love of henna with the world.
Worst moment(s): Forgetting to take my henna to a gig, and walking away from a successful henna business without explanation. My viewers and clients have been very forgiving of my mistakes and I'm very grateful for that.




7. Any tips and tricks?


Learn from other's mistakes.

Never do another henna artist dirty (it will come back to bite you)

Enjoy henna

Practice

Stay away from black henna

Learn about the art form but learn about the art too

Find a style that works for you and stick with it

Be the best artist YOU can be 




8. What do you Love most about being a Henna artist?


Making people look and feel beautiful on some of the most important day/days of their lives.


A SNIPPET OF HER WORK




CONTACT DETAILS














2 comments:

  1. Lol whats another henna artist dirty?

    And great blog! Ive been reading a lot of it. Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means to try and destroy another artist's career for no reason. And thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it. Is there anything more you would like to see on the blog?

      Delete

What more would you like to see? All comments and suggestions are welcome. Leave them below.

 

The Authors